Thursday, December 28, 2006

Winds of Change


In April, I went to the beach to spend time with God and work through some heart issues. He was quiet as He has been. All day the weather was warm and sunny and I sat with only a sweater on and was quite comfortable. Near to sunset, the wind suddenly changed directions and I was cold. I heard, “the winds of change are coming.” The change of direction caused me to grab a coat and seek some shelter. I went into the beachside souvenir shop where I pondered whether the change coming would be good or bad. To commemorate the day and the word God gave me I bought a bamboo wind chime. Its chime is very soft more like “tong” than “ting” or “chink” so I have to listen harder to hear them, kind of like listening to God speaking these past “silent” few years.

No comments: