Thursday, July 5, 2007

Home is where the Hollyhock is

Driving home late from a long day of work I spotted the lone hollyhock by a fence... or maybe it spotted me. It was as if the red bloom pulled my attention to itself with mighty strings, saying "come home."

Image from www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/.../hollyhock.jpg

There is something about a hollyhock that reminds me of work-free summers yet endless hours watching and tending seedlings as they grew into full bloom flowers. I took great pride in my hollyhocks that stood tall in the fence corners and along the porch. There is more words can't seem to explain...

Many times I go by places and say, "Hollyhocks should grow there..."

Picture from Allposters.com by Roger Williams
I can't fully explain my fascination with hollyhocks but when I see they fill me with great joy! After a wearisome day its good to come home and find joy or have home and joy find you...

No comments: